Dr. Andrea Mann‘s love of working with kids and science led her on the path to the best career ever, that of a pediatric dentist! From a young age, she has always been an avid reader and enjoyed hands-on arts, particularly ceramics, and caring for children – so becoming a pediatric dentist was a perfect way to combine all of those passions into one!
She received her Doctor of Dental Medicine Degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in 2004, and completed her two year Pediatric Dentist Specialty training program at Long Island Jewish Hospital in New York in 2006. Dedicated to pursuing excellence, she became a Board Certified Pediatric Dentist in 2008. In 2013, she opened Smile Works Pediatric Dentistry, her very own laser dentistry practice in Basking Ridge, New Jersey!
Dr. Mann serves as an Attending Doctor at Morristown Memorial Hospital, where she enjoys teaching pediatric dentistry to general dental residents. She hosts fun annual events for families, including a patient appreciation magic show, and has donated hundreds of pounds of candy through her Halloween Candy Buy Back Program. She also teaches children about keeping teeth healthy in school, daycare, and library settings.
In her free time, Dr. Mann enjoys spending time with her husband and their twin daughters. She loves reading, baking, going to the beach, and relaxing with her family.
Awards and Recognitions
- 2008-2021 NJ’s Favorites Kids’ Doc from New Jersey Family
- 2014-2021 Jersey Choice Top Dentists
- 2017 Achieved Fellowship Status from the Academy of Laser Dentistry
- 2015 Achieved Certification from Fotona Lasers
- 2014 Achieved Standard Proficiency Certification from the Academy of Laser Dentistry
- 2013 Achieved Certification from the World Clinical Laser Institute
- 2012 Granted Diplomate Status from the College of Diplomates of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- 2009 Granted Attending Status at Morristown Memorial Hospital
- 2008 Achieved Board Certification in Pediatric Dentistry from the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- 2005 Awarded Outstanding Achievement in Medical Writing Award from Long Island Jewish Medical Hospital
- 2004 Awarded Dental Alumni Association Scholarship
- 2001 Awarded UMDNJ Scholars Scholarship
- 2001 Awarded Dental Alumni Student Leadership Award
- 2000-2004 Awarded Stanley Bergen Scholarship for exceptional achievements in academics
From the moment you step into our office, you’ll be greeted by our warm and friendly staff. Our experienced team loves working with children and is committed to making each and every visit for your child an enjoyable one. They are specially trained in calming children who are anxious and fearful or those with special needs. They are ready to assist you and your child in any way possible, while setting your child at ease and making them feel relaxed and special.